CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

Ok, let's face it people. I'm just plan bad when it comes to posting interesting things on my blog. I try to claim it's because Kim goes through and talks about the interesting things that we do, but in truth I'm just plan lazy. So in hope to remedy that problem, I'm going to double cover this past weekend.

So, my stake had a YSA event on Friday night in honor of Halloween. It was a costume party and dance at the Upper East Side building. Kim and I had been debating since early September what we were going to be. There were ideas of being Viking women, Wendy and Dairy Queen, dead beauty pagent contestants (in homage to Drop Dead Gorgeous), and even Kermit and Miss Piggy. But we just couldn't decide on anything we really wanted to do that we'd both be willing to do. By Friday we still hadn't come up with anything to wear. When we both got home from work we raided our closet and tried to find something to wear.

I ended up going with being a Kentuckian. Louisville hat, wife beater-like tank top, plaid like over shirt. I even had a fake cigarette. Had I had time, I would have gone out and gotten a six-pack of rootbeer to hall around with me. I was aiming for white trash, but it just didn't come off trashy enough. So I settled for saying I was just a regular native Kentuckian... no one really got it until I explained it to them. Oh well I didn't care. I got an excuse to wear one of my favorite hats which made me happy enough.

Kim ended up going in PJs. She used my pajama bottoms, piggie slippers with googly eyes and my blanket in addition to her robe and throwing her hair in pig tails to make her look complete. Her costume worked out much better when it came to people getting it.

We didn't stay that long, but we had a good time. We ended up coming home around 11 and started eating candy and watching Young Frankenstein. You just can't go wrong with a Mel Brooke film.

1 comments:

Tess said...

Haha. I was actually just thinking about how last Halloween you were batgirl! You'll be disappointed in me...I didn't even dress up at all!