CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Surreal Moments....

Ok, so I've been slacking. I haven't finished telling my Memorial day activities and it's the 4th of July tomorrow. Sorry. I'll finish I promise, just not now. Right now, I'm gonna talk about this surreal moment I had today.

Today I received a wedding announcement from one of my dearest college friends. Caitlin is going to be marrying James on August 2 in the Oakland, California Temple. Now I've known this was going to be happening for a good while now, but for some reason it really sunk in to me tonight. Even though I was there the entire time they were dating and when they first got engaged, I don't think it ever really struck me that she was getting married. I don't know why it seems so weird for me that she's getting married all of a sudden, after all I've had several other good friends get married before. Heck, little Ms Laura Louise is going to be having a baby next month! Caitlin's marriage shouldn't be so weird to me.

I think it is so surreal for me because Caitlin is one of those friends that symbolizes my college experience. Sure Laura, Lisa, and the rest meant a lot too, but Caitlin was one of those friends that was there during practically every college experience that I had. From standing in line at 4 in the morning just to grab the last full apartment at Regency until graduation this past April, Caitlin was there. I think Caitlin's wedding is just the first tangible event in my post-college experience that really solidify that we're adults now. There wont be anymore trips to Wal-mart while singing Pussycat Dolls songs about certain RMs, no more runs to Krispy-Kreams after finishing a brain-frying test at the Testing Center, no more songs about "Los Hormones" (Ashley might be happy about that one), no more Black Cream Soda runs. It's all kinda sad because those were some really fun times. Caitlin's wedding just shows that it's time to move to the next stage in our lives. It's strange enough that I don't have Caitlin, Ashley, and the rest of my Provo-pals out here with me in NYC, but this is just the finishing touch to the ending I guess.

And you know what? I couldn't be happier for Caitlin. James is perfect for her and a really great guy. I know they'll be really happy together. So I'll send my most heart felt congratulations to Caitlin and James from here in NYC.

And Ashley and Caitlin if you read this, don't forget, we've got a Christmas/New Year's in New York trip to plan... even if it isn't until we're all in our 50s. Just because we're entering the "real world" doesn't mean we can't be silly once and a while.

Anyway, that's all for my rant for the night. Happy Fourth to you all!

1 comments:

Jeffrey and Monica said...

it is weird when you start to realize that you have grown up and are moving into the next phase of life. It was weird for me too. I look at myself now and think "how did this happen? I'm married, have a house and 2 kids, the world considers me an adult but I don't feel like one!"