CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Break from Memorial Day recap.... Sex and The City


So I don't know if any one knows, but this little film about the Sex And The City tv show came out two weeks ago. Not a big feature film or anything, no reference to New York, nope nothing at all to care about. Seriously, it was a big deal here, even if people think the movie is kinda lame. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I got to go to a SatC party. Here's my summary of that evening.

So, my friend Alison works at Maxus. It's this media planning company that is the sister firm to Mindshare. I doubt you've heard of either of them. Anyway, they do work with TV Guide. Alison got invited to go the the Sex AndThe City party that TV Guide was throwing. It was at the bar that the actor who plays "Mr Big" owns. I have no clue who this character is other than he's Sarah Jessica Parker's love interest. Anyway, I end up going with her. It was ok I guess. It was an open bar with finger foods. No one famous was there. It was mainly a small party. I think if we drank it would have been more fun, but alas, we don't. We had some cherry cokes (which the bar tender had never heard of before!? crazy!), snacked on some food, and talked to some people Alison knew. We ended up staying for about 45 minutes... basically leaving around 8ish... way early for any party in New York.

The only really entertaining thing that happened was when we were leaving. So Alison stops to say bye to her TV Guide rep that invited us, and right when we are about to leave, this other TV Guide lady came up and asked us if we had gotten our share of the free Trojan Condoms they were giving out. See, Maxus had just gotten a contract with Trojan and they worked it to do a little product placement at the party, thus the free condoms. Anyway, when you're a 22 year old it's hard for people to imagine that no you don't want them, nor will you be using them any time soon. So when we said we didn't get any and were preceding to explain way, we were cut off and had condoms forced on us to take home. So yes folks, I am now the "proud" owner of a handful of condoms... sheesh. What in the world am I supposed to do with them!? If anyone wants them...well, don't let me know, I really don't want to know about that part of your lives... eww. Anyway....When we finally got out, we were laughing none stop for a few about the whole thing.

So the party was a bit of a bust, but it ended on an entertaining note.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

SERIOUSLY!!! Use them to play pranks! It's awesome! No one really expects it and you get the BEST reactions!

Jeffrey and Monica said...

Too bad the party was a bust, I was hoping it was going to be great. But, it was worth going just to get the condoms! Tell Micheal that Jeff asked for them! :)

Anonymous said...

What has become of my baby sister. Taking free condoms and drinking caffeine...someday she'll be back on the straight and narrow. :)

Jeffrey and Monica said...

I need a new post to read!

Anonymous said...

You are getting lazy. You are there having all that fun and we have't heard from you as of late. Get to it already !!! (Mom)