CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Random Tidbits

So, I haven't really done much yet. I've been here two whole days and have yet to officially start work at Nielsen. Yesterday I went through orientation for the I-House and did a little scavenger hunt through the city. Then I finally got to see Kim. Yeah! We did dinner and she showed me how to get to her apartment on Wall street. Today, I had lunch with my supervisor Steve McGowen and a co-worker. I think I'm replacing her actually. Anyway, I then went to Target with Kim, got shampoo and other random necessities. Kim fed me dinner and we went to a birthday party for someone in her ward... well he was turning thirty-one so he isn't in her ward anymore. Anyway, I basically met TONS of people in the last 48 hours that I can guarentee I wont remember their names next time I see them. But it has been fun so far. New York is huge and convising at times, but I'm getting the hang of it.

While I was coming home tonight I discovered how annoying express trains can be. I was riding the 1 which is the train that takes me to the I-House, and for some reason it decides to become an express tonight, which it never is. I didn't realize this until after they closed the doors on the last stop before mine. So basically I was stuck watching my stop fly by, getting off at the next stop, about ten blocks uptown, leaving the subway, finding the downtown entrance, waiting another 10 minutes for the next downtown train, and getting on to ride for one stop - all because it would still be faster, and safer, than walking back down to my real stop and then to the I-House. You could say it was annoying. Oh well.

I start work tomorrow and will be getting up nastily early so I can manage breakfast before my hour long commute. I have to be their by 9 and will probably be stuck in HR for half the morning. Wish me luck.

1 comments:

Jeffrey and Monica said...

That's great Kim knows so many people she can introduce you to. As for you subway ride, sorry about your luck on that, it's totally something that would happen to me! Good luck at work!