CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Horray for Capstone Classes and random crazies on campus!

Well hello those random few who 1) know about this blog and 2) actually bother to read it. Since there has been requests for new postings, here it is for today. So today I turned in my capstone book. My education in the world of advertising at BYU is almost over. I only have my presentation left and I'm done with all the ad classes I will ever take at here. YEAH!!! I chose not to include my internship credits into that because... well it's just not a typical class so I say it doesn't count. Anyway, It's so great to have that finally done. This whole week has been dedicated to getting that sucker done and printed. Handing it over was such a great feeling. It was like a great weight was lifted from me. Now I get a great little break this weekend so I can actually watch General Conference and finish other homework without my project hanging over my head. I thought I'd share a couple of our super cool creative pieces here so you can experience them too. First off let me just say that we're working on this hush-hush project for Fox, so no real detail here. I just think some of our creative is freakin' awesome. Basically this is a branding campaign (get people to know the product and brand for those who don't speak Ad).

Our clients really wanted us to go for non-traditional type advertising. That means stuff other than TV, magazines, newspapers, billboards, and radio. This is one of our ideas. It's a "flash movie van" basically it goes around a randomly plays video/movies around town for the public. And when I say plays movies, I mean it has a projector on the top and sends it out onto a wall or something so you can enjoy the wonderful video. Honestly I just think the image is really cool. I want one of these.


Can I just say that I had an incredible team. All ten of us meshed really well together and we didn't have any major in-fighting. That was such a relief. When I went to class the first day I was expecting them to have all of the 489 (Capstone) students together even though we were in three different sections. That way we could mix and mingle to groups however we wanted. I had plans on a couple of people I wanted in my group, like my good friend Emma who I've done several projects with before and I knew I could rely on. But unfortunately, they decided last minute that your teams would be strictly based on your section. So the gathering of my team was completely random. We were all "so you wanna be in a team?" "Sure, I don't care". We were completely haphazard on our gathering, but it has turned out really well. I wont say we didn't have our problems, I've wanted to chuck a notebook or two this semester at people, but it was just a very relaxed group and we had a good time.

Just as an aside, I would like to mention that while I am writing this little ditty, I'm sitting in the Wilk in the Cougareat, that's the food court of our student center here at BYU. I just barely looked to my left and I saw a massive sword being passed around a table. Someone needs to tell the Medieval Club that they should keep their weaponry to the outdoors, in wide open spaces, where they can't accidentally chop off arms of poor unsuspecting normal students. I won't say that I'm not a dork in my own right, but I have no desire to ever be a Medieval Clubber, Trexxie, Jedi, or whatever. I might be a big fan of Xena and own all the episodes on DVD, but you will never see me decked out in full body armor, sword strapped to my back, chakrum in hand (that's what that image is there people), at a Xena convention any time too soon.

So anywho, that's what's up with me right now. I'm going to try to sneak out of here without being challenged to a duel. Wish me luck. If I fail, know this: I fought valiantly and died with my honor.

I better go warm up my battle cry just in case...

0 comments: